| Passwort vergessen?
Sie sind nicht angemeldet. |  Anmelden

Sprache auswählen:

Wumpus-Gollum-Forum von "Welt der Radios".
Fachforum für Sammler, Interessierte, Bastler
Sie sind nicht angemeldet.
 Anmelden

Car Radio Becker Mexico (Tubes)
  •  
 1 2
 1 2
13.06.10 16:10
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

13.06.10 16:10
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

Car Radio Becker Mexico (Tubes)

I've got from a friend who is rebuilding an old Mercedes Benz (Adenauer) the radio to repair.
It is a Becker model Mexico with tubes.
It consists basically of 3 units, one power/output part and a combination of the tuning/RF part and IF part.
It looks as if all the capacitors need replacing and quite a few other parts.
I am looking for a copy of the circuit diagram.
Is there any one at the forum who can tell me where to find this?
Thanks and best regards,
Joseph.

Noch gefällt der Beitrag keinem Nutzer.
!
!!! Fotos, Grafiken nur über die Upload-Option des Forums, KEINE FREMD-LINKS auf externe Fotos.    

!!! Keine Komplett-Schaltbilder, keine Fotos, keine Grafiken, auf denen Urheberrechte Anderer (auch WEB-Seiten oder Foren) liegen!
Solche Uploads werden wegen der Rechtslage kommentarlos gelöscht!

Keine Fotos, auf denen Personen erkennbar sind, ohne deren schriftliche Zustimmung.
14.06.10 11:33
wumpus 

Administrator

14.06.10 11:33
wumpus 

Administrator

Re: Car Radio Becker Mexico (Tubes)

Hello Joseph,
sorry but your information is to poor. There were many variants of this model Mexico in use. Please take a look on the serial number. In relation to this number some different schematics are available.

Best reagards Rainier

Zuletzt bearbeitet am 14.06.10 21:37

15.06.10 10:06
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

15.06.10 10:06
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

Hello Rainier,

I guess you are so right and I didn't realize that the "Beckers" are recognized by their serial numbers.
In my case the SN is 951218 on the power/ ouput and on the radio part.
Also on the label of the radio part it indicates "Watt: 23+U" and on the PSU/output (Umrichter), Watt: 30+E" and the same serial number.
The tubes in the RF part are the ECH81 and ECC85 and in the IF are EF85, EF80, EBF80, ECC85 and EABC80.
In the output unit the tubes are ECC83 and the 2 output tubes EL84.
I hope that this will give a bit more info to trace the radio's circuit diagram.
I guess that I am not the only one getting into the repair of this model radio and would be more than happy to hear from other peoples experiences.
I can read without to much problems the German language bit I am afraid that my writing will be a problem for you to understand.
Herzliche danke,
Joseph.

Zuletzt bearbeitet am 15.06.10 10:08

15.06.10 10:48
wumpus 

Administrator

15.06.10 10:48
wumpus 

Administrator

Hallo Joseph,
is your tube numbering realy correct?

If have only schematics of Mexico models around your serial number with these tubes in the if stage:

EF 85 , 2 x EBF80, ECC85, EABC80

Please verify the tube EF80.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen Rainer (Forum-Admin)

Möge uns die analoge Radio-Welle noch lange erhalten bleiben .

15.06.10 12:07
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

15.06.10 12:07
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

Hallo Rainier,

You are so right and perhaps I need new glases.
In the IF part both tubes in the middle are EBF80's.
Thank you for youre quick reply.
Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Joseph.

Es gibt weinige dingen die nicht zu verbessern sind.
There are not many things that can't be improved.

16.06.10 08:08
wumpus 

Administrator

16.06.10 08:08
wumpus 

Administrator

Hello Joseph

Ok, an other member of this forum has the schematic schematic in two parts (rf / if section and audio / power section) and will send it. But he needs your email address. Can I give him your email address?

Best regards Rainier

Zuletzt bearbeitet am 16.06.10 10:38

16.06.10 11:11
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

16.06.10 11:11
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

Hallo Rainier,

I am very pleased and certainly you can give my Email address to whoever need it as I am not too secretive about it.
It is that in "Mein Profiel" I have left it out as it might generate spam, because despite my spam filter. I do get some.
As you can see in "Mein Profiel", I am a pensionist and have now a bit more time available "zum bastlen" think it is called in German.
As a kid, I started to repair radio's and once finished my military service, I started as a TV/Radio service man and I been doing that until I was invited to join a company that was servicing a Japanese brand of "Computer drücker" and I worked there until retirement last year over here in Spain, where I helped to set-up the Spanish arm of the European representation of the brand.
I have in my younger years repaired a good number of "tube" radio's and obviously TV's and not all of that experience is lost I hope.
It looks like a challenge to get this radio back to work and think that with the diagrams it should be possible.
Thank you so much for helping and also for answering this quick.
Freundlichen Grüssen,

Joseph.

17.06.10 14:05
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

17.06.10 14:05
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

Hallo Rainier,

Than you ever so much for your intervention to obtain the diagrams for the Becker Mexico.
I am quite certain that with the help of these, the radio can be rebuild to be re-installed in the vintage Mercedes.
I just have one more question.
Has anybody in the Forum ever build "halbleiter" replacement for the KACO C302/12 vibrator?
I remember to have found a commercial version several years ago for a 6V vibrator for an old BUICK radio and that was the only thing wrong with that one and I found it in the USA.
There is obviously a bit more wrong with the Mexico as it does not work by applying the 12V for the filaments and 250DC to the elco after the rectifier bridge (I have disconnected the + wire from the Rectifier).
There are a lot of capacitors that look in a rather bad condition and probably also some of the elco's.
I will come back to the forum if I have good news on the progress.
Thanks to the forum members and to you and best regards,
Joseph

Zuletzt bearbeitet am 17.06.10 14:06

17.06.10 15:58
Franz 

Einsteiger

17.06.10 15:58
Franz 

Einsteiger

hello Joseph, I hav send a mail to you concernig an elctronical " Zerhacker "
rgds Franz

17.06.10 17:26
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

17.06.10 17:26
Joseph66 

WGF-Einsteiger

Franz:
hello Joseph, I hav send a mail to you concernig an elctronical " Zerhacker "
rgds Franz
Hallo Franz,

Ich habe nur diesen gleiche (wie oben) in meinen "mail" gefunden und nichst uber der Zerhacker".
Mochte ich sie bieten das nochmals zu sendes als ich bin sehr interesiert in eine electronische aulosung fur das zerhacker zu finden.
Fr. Grusse,

Joseph

(icn kan nur hoffen das sie meines Deutsch lesen kan).

1 2
 1 2
representation   interesiert   intervention   Radio-Welle   replacement   experiences   Forum-Admin   re-installed   elctronical   electronische   Rainier   understand   freundlichen   verbessern   bearbeitet   disconnected   improved   combination   information   Zerhacker